Skip to content

Local Court & More

KP Carmody & Co can represent you in Local Court and assist with matters such as:

  • Driving offences (including low, medium and high-range PCA offences, drug offences and other traffic offences)
  • Licence appeals
  • Small Claims under $10,000
  • Civil matters with claims of up to $100,000
  • Committal hearings
  • Coronial Inquests / inquiries
  • Criminal matters which can be dealt with in the Local Court
  • Defended Apprehended Violence Orders
  • Local Court Appeals

Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced solicitor.

Liquor Licencing

KP Carmody & Co can provide advice for those seeking or managing liquor licences, including:

  • Drafting liquor licence applications (new licences and transfers);
  • Advice on hotel, motel, club, restaurant, catering and nightclub liquor licencing law;
  • Alterations and variations to licences;
  • Help with understanding new and existing legislative requirements (such as those relating to advertising and drink promotions etc)
  • Advice on handling offences under the Liquor Act 2007.

Driving Offences

We are experienced in representing clients in Local Court for Low, Medium and High-range drink driving offences, drink/drug driving offences, licence suspension appeals and other driving offences. 

In many circumstances, it is recommended that clients facing driving offences enroll and complete a Traffic Offender Intervention Program (TOIP).  These can be accessed online or in person and in many circumstances can be completed in your own time.  For information on TOIP Courses, click here.

In addition to completing a TOIP Course, it is requested that clients obtain a copy of their current driving record.  This will show any offences recored on your licence since first obtained.  Obtaining a copy of this allows us to assist in establishing you are a “fit and proper” person to hold a licence.  To assist in establishing that you are a person of good character in the community, it is also recommended that client's obtain 2 to 3 references.  Information for writing a reference can be found here.

Obtaining References from people of good character can also assist in establishing you are of good character.  To find out more about obtaining or writing a reference, click here

Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced solicitor.

Civil Claims

KP Carmody & Co can assist with both legal advice and representation in Civil claims.